The Azores Promotion Board, the Regional Directorate of Sea Affairs, and the World Cetacean Alliance are pleased to announce that a 2nd Responsible Whale Watch Workshop will take place On Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 April 2016 at Museu Dos Baleeiros Nas Lages, Pico. The Workshop is part of the Azores’ bid to become one of the world’s first Whale Heritage Sites.
The workshop will discuss in detail some of the actions identified in the first Responsible Whale Watch Workshop which took place on Friday 30 October 2015 in Horta, Faial, as part of the Whale to last for two days and will attempt to action some of the priorities identified in the 1st Workshop.
1. Whale Heritage Site criteria and the Azores – achievements and areas for improvement
2. Collaboration. How Whale Watch Associations benefit operators and destinations and help meet the criteria for Whale Heritage Sites
3. Ideas for improving collaboration between whale watching companies and other stakeholders
4. Revisions to the current whale watching legislation
5. Revisions to ‘best practice’ swim with dolphin guidelines
6. A new strategy for monitoring and enforcing whale watching guidelines
Further information and an agenda for the workshop will be sent out soon by the Regional Directorate for Sea Affairs.
Attending the workshop will be Whale Heritage Sites Steering Committee Members Dylan Walker (UK), Jared Towers (Canada), Natalie Barefoot (USA), and Malcolm Barradell (UK).
For further information contact email@example.com